1) The December meeting and holiday party featured lots of great food and beer, a 750 swap, and many beer donations for the Heavy Seas folks.
2) The Guild will have its 20th anniversary party on Saturday January 20, 12-4 PM, at Duclaw, 8901 Yellow Brick Rd, Rosedale. Your ticket includes unlimited sampling of 16 DuClaw brews, a crowler of the anniversary beer (a kolsch), and a 20th anniversary sampling glass. Food truck(s) will be onsite for food (pay as you go). Ping pong, pool table, and corn hole will be available. Also, if you have any photos from past club/Guild events, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a slide show at the party. The link for tickets is https://maryland-homebrewers-guild.ticketleap.com/20th-anniversary/
3) Brewer of the Year ribbons were given out. The winners were:
5th – Rob Farrell
4th – Marty Mengele
3rd – Rob Kiernan
2nd – Bob Mosier
1st – Craig and Rachel Szczesiul
4) “Elections” were held. That word is in quotes because no one was challenged, so the officers will remain as before:
President – Joe O’Keefe
Vice president – Jeff Adelsberger
Secretary – Ben Schwalb
Treasurer – Don Zwach
Guild rep – Rob Kiernan
5) 2018 dues are due. $25 for individuals and $40 for families. See Don at the next meeting. Please pay by February if you enjoy having kneecaps.
6) We’re considering doing a bus trip to Loudoun County VA sometime in the next 4 months. There are well over a dozen breweries in the area, including Lost Rhino and Adroit Theory. Joel will work on getting a bus.
7) Next meeting: Wednesday January 17. Competition will be session beers.
9) See http://crabsbrew.org/Other_Competitions for a list of upcoming local homebrew competitions.