1) In addition to beers we had some fantastic homemade ice cream made with imperial stout. Thanks Craig and Rachel!
2) On March 4, CRABS will have 10 members pouring at the DC Brewer’s Ball in exchange for free admission. Tickets are $150 and include unlimited food and beer from 38 professional breweries, 4 homebrew clubs, and 23-24 restaurants. See http://www.dcbrewersball.org/Event_Details.html for event details.
3) Tentative trip to Asheville NC on September 15-18. Let Joe (email@example.com) know if you’re interested.
4) 2017 dues are due. $25 for individuals and $40 for families. See Don.
5) MALT will be running a bus trip to Eastern Shore breweries on April 1. Save the date. Breweries include RaR, Burley Oak, and Eastern Shore Brewing. More details as they become available.
6) We hope to do another food-beer pairing in May. Details have not been worked out.
7) Brewtherville Labs Blond Bock is being, or will soon be, served at Buffalo Wild Wings. Check Google or call BWW for info. Here are the phone numbers for their local locations:
Owings Mills: 410-581-6850
Arundel Mills: 410-379-0333
Bel Air: 443-512-8220
8) Registration for the National Homebrew Competition is closed. A few CRABSters have entries.
9) Registration for HomebrewCon starts March 7.
10) Upcoming homebrew competitions:
·3/18: Scorpion Homebrew Competition. Organized by Scorpion Brewing Company. Judge, steward, and entry registration is open. See http://scorpion.brewcompetition.com/
·3/25: DC Homebrewers Club Cherry Blossom Competition. Registration open until 3/15. See http://www.dchbcompetition.com/
·4/7 – 4/8: BURP’s Spirit of Free Beer. Registration is open. See http://sofb.brewcomp.com/
·Fall: FBI’s Battle of Fredericksburg. Club website: http://www.fredhomebrew.org/
11) Big Brew will be on Saturday 5/6. Maryland Homebrew will hold its annual multi-club event in the back parking lot.
12) The Guild summer picnic will be on Saturday 6/3, noon-dusk, at Patapsco State Park, Hollofield area, shelter 300.
13) The National Homebrewers Conference will be held in Minneapolis on June 15-17. Several CRABS members have expressed interest in going. The Guild will ship a pallet of kegs to the conference. If you’d like one of your kegs to be on that pallet, contact Rob (firstname.lastname@example.org).
14) Glass Thorpedo makes reclaimed craft beer bottle creations and hop jewelry. A 50% discount is being offered to CRABS members. See their website: www.glassthorpedo.com
15) This month’s competition was IPAs. There were 11 entries. Winners were:
5th– Bob Mosier
4th – Rob Kiernan
3rd – Bryan Franz
2nd – Craig and Rachel
1st – Marty Mengele
16) Next month’s competition is brown ales. See http://crabsbrew.org/competition_schedule for the 2017 competition schedule.
17) Go to http://crabsbrew.org for CRABS-related information.