1) Another big turnout with lots of great beers, including some that folks brought back from Minneapolis.
2) Speaking of Minneapolis, several CRABSters went and had a blast both at the conference and visiting breweries. The Guild poured 12 beers at Social Club and at Club Night. See Ben’s write-up at http://www.benbrew.com/Minneapolis/minneapolis.html
3) The 4th annual Catonsville Co-op Market’s Hometown Brewdown is scheduled for Saturday August 5. It is a local fundraiser where homebrewers share their wares. Cost is $25 to attend, or you can donate beer and get in for free. There will be a live band and food trucks. If you want to use the CRABS cask to serve your beer, contact Jeff at email@example.com ** Anyone know the link to buy tickets? **
4) CRABS had a good showing at the Guild picnic wheat beer contest. Ben S. took 2nd and John J. took 3rd.
5) We’re still planning a club trip to Asheville NC on September 15-18. Let Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you’re interested.
6) Crabs4CRABS will be held on Sunday September 10.
7) Rob F. wrote a great article that got published in Zymurgy about CRABS’s presence at the Brewers Ball. Look for it in the most recent issue.
8) MASHOUT will take place August 17-20 at a new location: Fort Royale Farm in Bedford PA. Registration is open. See http://campmashout.com/
9) Hysteria Brewing will have its grand opening on July 1. See http://hysteriabrewing.com/ for the address.
10) This month’s competition was session ales. There were 15 entries. Winners were:
5th (tie) – Frits Meijer
5th (tie) – JD Smith
4th – John Jester
3rd – Craig and Rachel Szczesiul
2nd – Craig Bryant
1st – Rob Farrell
11) Next month’s competition is wheat beers.
12) Go to http://crabsbrew.org for CRABS-related information.
13) See http://crabsbrew.org/Other_Competitions for a list of upcoming local homebrew competitions.