1) The Guild holiday party will be on Saturday December 2 at Heavy Seas. The CRABS table theme will be “Summer in December”, with beach-themed décor, hamburgers, hot dogs, sliders, and other stuff. There is a Google doc where you can write what you’re bringing and see what others are bringing at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FqJhohv6sHo4jvVFbpMM_NzzhnlNoxKCKWCc2NIrfDs/edit#gid=0 . Tickets are on sale at this link: https://maryland-homebrewers-guild.ticketleap.com/holiday2017/dates/Dec-02-2017_at_0600PM
2) The Guild will have its 20th anniversary party on Saturday January 20, 12-4 PM, at Duclaw, 8901 Yellow Brick Rd, Rosedale. Ticket price is being worked out (probably $40). Your ticket includes unlimited sampling of 16 DuClaw brews, a crowler of the anniversary beer (see below), and a 20th anniversary sampling glass. Food truck(s) will be onsite for food (pay as you go). Ping pong, pool table, and corn hole will be available. Also, if you have any photos from past club/Guild events, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a slide show at the party.
3) Duclaw will brew a collaboration honey kolsch with Guild members on Saturday December 9 starting at 9 AM, which will be served at the anniversary event the following month. All Guild members and their families (but no pets) are welcome to attend the brewing session (please do NOT post on social media). Four firkins of the kolsch will be made and ideas will be taken for how to flavor them.
4) This month’s competition was porters and stouts. There were 13 entries. Winners were:
- 5th – Bob Mosier
- 4th – Marty Mengele
- 3rd – Andy Naviasky
- 2nd – Tom and Reed
- 1st – Craig and Rachel Szczesiul
5) Next meeting: Wednesday December 20. Holiday party (no competition).
6) The January competition will be session beers.
7) Go to http://crabsbrew.org for CRABS-related information.
8) See http://crabsbrew.org/Other_Competitions for a list of upcoming local homebrew competitions.