1) The Guild holiday party will be on Saturday December 3 from 6-10 PM at Heavy Seas. Please send along your ideas for the CRABS club table theme.
2) This year marks the 35th anniversary of CRABS.
3) The Baltimore Craft Beer Festival will take place this Saturday October 22 at Canton Waterfront Park. Nepenthe Homebrew will host a homebrew contest there.
4) The MALT Turkey Shoot homebrew contest will take place on Saturday November 5. Entries are due October 29. Lots of great prizes await all category winners, including regulators, bags of grain, tap handles, faucets, shanks, brewing software, a Beer Gun, and numerous gift certificates. To enter, or to register as a judge or steward, go to the online registration system at http://turkeyshoot.brewcompetition.com/
5) Registration for next year’s National Homebrew Contest is less than 4 months away. Let’s see if we can get more CRABS participation.
6) Rob F. will be hosting a party on Sunday November 13. He will send more information in the next couple of weeks.
7) This month’s competition was big beers. There were 8 entries. The winners were:
5th– Marty Mengele
5th– Rob Farrell
4th – Jason Heinen
3rd – Rob Kiernan
2nd (tie) – Don Zwach
2nd (tie) – Bob Mosier
1st – Zach Keim
8) Next month’s competition: porters and stouts.