1) Once again, a great turnout with several new faces. There was also a plethora of great commercial beers.
2) The National Homebrewers Conference was great fun. We poured beer on Thursday and Friday night. Joe O’Keefe, Rob Farrell, and John Jester all had beers in the final round of the competition. About 30 CRABSters attended. You can read a recap at http://www.benbrew.com/NHC/NHC2016/nhc2016.html
1) Great turnout again with several new faces. Special thanks to Craig Bryant for bringing two great beers from Troegs.
2) If you ordered a CRABS work shirt and don’t have it yet, contact Joe at email@example.com . He also has T-shirts if you want them
3) Big Brew at Maryland Homebrew was a bit smaller than usual because there were events at 5 other locations, so the overall Maryland turnout was quite high. A total of roughly 300 gallons was brewed (93 of it at Maryland Homebrew).
1) CRABS won the club table competition at the Guild holiday party, and we will do the watermen theme again at the National Homebrewers Conference (NHC). The event drew 295 people, and well over $7000 was raised for various charities.
2) Get your 2016 club dues to Don. They are $25 for individuals and $40 for families.
1) A great turnout tonight – about 30 people. Lots of different beers too.
2) We had a visit from Katherine Porter-Drapeau of the AHA. She flew into Baltimore with 8 other AHA folks to scope out the Convention Center for next year’s NHC in Baltimore on June 9-11. She gave us the following info:
·There will be accommodations for up to 88 clubs on Club Night (7-11 p.m. on Friday the 10th).
·The Hospitality Suite (aka Social Club) will have 36 taps for us to put beers on (clubs get 2-hour slots).