1) We had a visit from Kevin Berry, a former Baltimore-area homebrewer who moved to Denver a few years ago.
2) Our theme for the Guild holiday party, which will be on December 5, is crabbers/watermen. A sheet for ideas will be sent out in the coming weeks. This will make a good dry run for club night at the NHC next June. Also think about what type of beer you want to brew to go with the theme. Old Bay gose? Oyster stout?
1) As expected, a light turnout due to several members attending MASHOUT. We just had a relaxing meeting with no competition.
2) Crabs4CRABS will happen on Sunday September 13 at Guilford Park in Savage. Free for members, and also for family members if you have a family membership, otherwise $20 for guests. In addition to crabs there will be brisket, chicken, and Les’s crab mac-n-cheese.
1) Big Brew was a success as usual. There were 5 clubs, 34 brewers, and 174 gallons brewed.
2) Joe O’Keefe and Rob Farrell won ribbons at BURP’s Spirit of Free Beer. Rob got a first place in the Scottish/Irish category with his “Keep Your Kilt On” Scottish light. See all results at http://sofb.brewcomp.com/
3) The CRABS food and beer pairing will be on Sunday May 31 at 2:00 PM at Trevor’s house. A Google docs link will be sent so you can sign up and seek a partner for your food or beer.