1) CRABS won the club table competition at the Guild holiday party, and we will do the watermen theme again at the National Homebrewers Conference (NHC). The event drew 295 people, and well over $7000 was raised for various charities.
2) Get your 2016 club dues to Don. They are $25 for individuals and $40 for families.
1) A great turnout tonight – about 30 people. Lots of different beers too.
2) We had a visit from Katherine Porter-Drapeau of the AHA. She flew into Baltimore with 8 other AHA folks to scope out the Convention Center for next year’s NHC in Baltimore on June 9-11. She gave us the following info:
·There will be accommodations for up to 88 clubs on Club Night (7-11 p.m. on Friday the 10th).
·The Hospitality Suite (aka Social Club) will have 36 taps for us to put beers on (clubs get 2-hour slots).
1) We had a visit from Kevin Berry, a former Baltimore-area homebrewer who moved to Denver a few years ago.
2) Our theme for the Guild holiday party, which will be on December 5, is crabbers/watermen. A sheet for ideas will be sent out in the coming weeks. This will make a good dry run for club night at the NHC next June. Also think about what type of beer you want to brew to go with the theme. Old Bay gose? Oyster stout?
1) As expected, a light turnout due to several members attending MASHOUT. We just had a relaxing meeting with no competition.
2) Crabs4CRABS will happen on Sunday September 13 at Guilford Park in Savage. Free for members, and also for family members if you have a family membership, otherwise $20 for guests. In addition to crabs there will be brisket, chicken, and Les’s crab mac-n-cheese.