1) Dan no longer works at Heavy Seas. Although rumors are flying, we have no confirmed details.
2) This Sunday 8/24 will be Beer & Biking 3. It will begin at the Severna Park Taphouse, then proceed on the B&A Trail to Bill Bateman’s, then to nearby Adam’s Ribs. Bikers are welcome to drink/crash at Ben’s place the night before. E-mail Ben at email@example.com if interested in the overnight option.
3) CRABS will make a charitable donation for NoVA due to the death of one of their members this past weekend.
1) Guild T-shirts and glasses are available. E-mail Les if you want some.
2) This Sunday 7/20 will be Beer & Biking 2. It will begin at the Corner Stable in Columbia at 10:00 AM. Their website is http://www.cornerstable.com. From there the group will bike to Union Jack’s and/or Clyde’s, Second Chance, and then back to Corner Stable.
2) Several CRABSters went to the National Homebrewers Conference in Grand Rapids. They brought back some New Glarus beers for the club and will start bringing them to meetings next month.
3) Congrats to Glenn Quinting for taking a second place for his Dark American Lager in the National Homebrew Competition.
4) This Sunday there will be a bike+beer ride in Columbia starting at 10 AM. An e-mail with more details is forthcoming.
5) There will be a fundraiser with homebrew tasting and live music for a co-op in Catonsville on Saturday August 2 from 2-6 PM at a private residence at 120 Forest Drive, Catonsville MD 21228. Please consider attending and sharing your brews. Go to http://www.catonsvillecooperativemarket.com for a list of upcoming events and other info, or e-mail Ben Blank at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) MASHOUT registration is open. It will be held at a hop farm 20 minutes south of the old site. Go to http://www.campmashout.com to register.
7) This month’s competition was session ales. There were 9 entries. Winners were:
5th place: John Jester
4th place (tie): Jeff Adelsberger
4th place (tie): Don Zwach
3rd place: Rob Farrell
2nd place: Jason Heinen
1st place: Joe O’Keefe
• Aug 14-16: MASHOUT. Featured will be a club collaboration contest: members of 2 or more clubs must brew the beer. And don’t forget Sour Hour, run by CRABSter Jason Heinen.
• Sunday 9/14: Crabs4CRABS.